Friday 21 June 2013

My must have/ favourites; Cosmetics

Hello lovelies,
Time for a favourites blog I think :) Here are a few of my go to cosmetics at the moment and why I like them so much, some of them I have been using for years and some are recent finds that I will be buying again, so here we go...

(Please note these are not my pictures as most the labels on my products have worn off)
The first two products are my all time favourite products that I could not live without, they are my desert island must haves along with a boat and a phone with signal :P

The Maxfactor False Lash Effect retails for around £11 and claims to wrap each lash right to the tip for a false lash effect, and for my lashes this is the case. I am lucky to have long lashes that are reasonably thick and I find most mascaras leave my lashes spidery or clumpy where as this applicator I feel is perfect for creating curly voluminous lashes. I don't think it would be great for adding length but the thick applicator has only short bristles so not too much product is left on the applicator when using preventing clumps and allowing you to apply multiple times if you feel you want thicker looking lashes.

The L'Oreal Paris Super Liner in Black Lacquer retails for around £8 and I cannot stress enough that every girl needs this! If you are ever in a rush, struggle to apply liner in a straight line or cannot find a liner that stays in place all day even if you rub your eyes or walk in the rain or cry then this is the liner for you. The applicator is not a brush like most liquid liners it is stiff, short and thin and therefore provides perfect precision. There are other liners in the range which I also love but the Super Liner has a glossy/ glittery look to it so for every day use I would suggest this is the product you use as it provides a more matte finish.

The Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer retails at around £12 and is my favourite drug store primer, I have oily skin but using other primers has left my skin looking dry, this primer still takes away my shine but still leaves my skin feeling moisture intact. It creates perfect smooth looking skin ready for foundation, but I also use this primer even on a make-up free day as I just love how silky my skin feels when I use it.

The L'Oreal Paris True Match foundation retails around £10 and as the name suggests you really can find your perfect skin colour match as there are so many shades available. This foundation I imagine is not great for those with super oily skin but if mixed with a powder or used over the primer then this product looks great. It gives medium coverage, full coverage if dabbed over concealer, and lasts all day.

Bourjois Delice de Soleil bronzing powder retails around £9 and is the best bronzer I can find. I have a light complexion but think this product would create great contour for much darker skin than mine also. Unlike a lot of bronzers on the market this is fully matte and more shockingly the applicator provided is actually good! the brushes bristles are not too stiff and it is not too small so that a quick upward swipe on the cheek leaves a perfect contour line. I love the packaging the fact that the mirror is such a good size and can swivel so if you are using it to apply all your make-up on the go the brush does not fall out and powder up your outfit.


Rimmel London's Moisture Renew lipstick in 720 Notting Hill Nude retails around £6 and as you can see is a perfect nude shade. I spent a long time looking for a decent nude lipstick, I did not want anything too pale or too glossy and this lipstick felt like a revelation. The shade is nearly the shade of my natural lip and as suggested keeps lips moisturised, it lasts all day but I do like to use the Lipcote (as pictured) to prevent lipstick stains on glasses.

So that is the end of my must have/ go to product list. I'm sure this list will be added to so I will try to keep you updated if I find some new amazing products.

Thanks for reading 
Ciao
  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment