Thursday 1 August 2013

realTechniques duo-fiber collection: first impression review

Hello lovelies,
If you read my previous post you will know I bought the Real Techniques duo-fiber collection of brushes on Tuesday so as promised here is my review of these three brushes.
 
Now I have only used them 3times but it does not take too long to decide whether you like a brush or not so keep reading if you are thinking about buying this collection. This set is £23.99 in boots and $20 on the real techniques website. 
 
The face brush I have to admit I was a little disappointed with
when I first used it, some of the bristles just fell off when I put it in my powder and on my face. This has never happened to me with this brand before so I was a little surprised however this has not happened since so hopefully it was just a few strays and this will not happen again. These brushes are super soft so does feel amazing when applying your powder, however I kind of do prefer a more sturdy brush such as the eco tools powder brush. I have used it with three different powder foundations and I think this brush is great for really good matte powders or dusts however if you have a powder that you like to layer up to create a matte effect then I suggest not using this brush. 7/10



The contour brush I have only used once for my contour and really did not like it, again I prefer a more sturdy brush and the real techniques regular contour brush is perfect. However, I love this brush as a blush brush, as I mostly use bronzer and only a little dust of blush on the apples of my cheeks this is a great shape and the duo-fiber prevents there being too much product so if you have this collection or you plan on buying it then you should definitely try using this for your blush. 8/10

The eye brush is by far my favourite in this collection it is amazing. I love the starter set and the base shadow brush is great for blending however this brush is even better at it. Again the duo-fiber prevents there from being too much product on the brush and its size allows for excellent precision. 10/10

I love real Techniques, I have all of there other brushes and love every single one of them so I had expected the quality of this collection to be just as good but as you can see this was just not the case. Based on how much I think I will use them I would probably say that your better off just getting their regular brushes, if you have not done so already. This collection does not really do anything that the rest of the brushes cannot do better.
 
The packaging is not that nice, however, it comes in a foam surround so the brushes are nicely protected. It would be nice if they were in one of the black cases  (as pictured) like the other collections have as it is nice to have something to protect your brushes when you travel.
 
All in all I do think these brushes are ok and I will use them but I am a little disappointed purely on the basis that I would give all of the other real techniques brushes 10/10.
 
I hope this has been useful ladies. Let me know what you think of these brushes if you have them. Follow and share if you like this post and visit again tomorrow to see all the brushes I use to apply my make-up every day.
 
Ciao
  xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment