Thursday 5 September 2013

YSL Le Teint Touche Éclat Foundation

As somewhat of a foundation hoarder I couldn't resist trying YSL's most raved about foundation. Although I am not usually one to go for dewy foundations this has definitely gained a place as one of my faves. 

This is a medium coverage foundation; you may still wish to use concealer but it has plenty of cover for an everyday base. Most importantly this is a really comfortable base product that sits nicely on the skin. I have combination skin and this does not cling to my dry areas, or sit on top of my more oily areas. It has a lovely natural dewy finish to it and just makes you look healthy and more perfected, which lets be honest, we could all do with a little perking up in the mornings. 

I would say this would work best on normal to dry skin. If you are very oily then this can be powdered, but there are probably other foundations you would like better such as the Estee Lauder Double Wear that has a more matte finish. I personally like to use the YSL Souffle D'eclat Loose Powder (review) with this foundation. Partially just because I am used to using products that the brand chose to compliment each other, but also because I find that it actually does sit very nicely on the foundation. The powder does not take away from the healthy finish of the foundation, but it does kick back the shine on my more oily skin.  I find I usually wear this on off duty days as an easy to apply option but this is also a really lovely base for events. If you ever want to feel good about your skin then this is a good place to start and it has really good longevity for such a glowing formulation. If you would like to see the other products I am pictured wearing click here.

This comes with a vast range of shades. Unfortunately they do steer towards a more paler skin tone, but compared to other high end foundations they do have a much wider selection of warmer tones available also, so hopefully they will continue to expand the shade range. 

This retails for £31.50 for 30ml which you can purchase on Yves Saint Laurent beauty counters and online here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment