Friday 11 October 2013

Review: Whipped Creme Foundation

Hello lovelies,
Before I begin todays blog I just want to apologise, I have not been blogging as much recently. I have just started my masters in legal practice, so as you can imagine the work load is fairly high. Please bare with me, I will blog at least once a week, and any additional posts I can fit in I will do so :)
Back to todays post which is a review of Max Factor's Whipped Crème foundation. This product costs £7.99 at Boots for a 18ml pot, which is reasonably priced I would say in accordance to quality.

I got this product because, like many girls, I went through a stage of using Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse Foundation when I was a teen, and fell in love with its coverage, but hated how dry it left my skin. When I saw this product I just had to try it out and see if was any better.
Good: The good news is the coverage is almost as good as the Dream Matte mousse. I would say it provides slightly less coverage, however, this is what makes it look a million times more natural, which is after all what we want from a foundation.

Due to it being a crème rather than a liquid it provides a really nice matte finish so if you are not a fan of applying powder foundation in addition to your liquid then this may be a good choice for you.

The only other good thing I can say about this is that it has pretty good staying power. It lasts all day even if like me you touch your face a lot.
 Bad: This foundation has really dried out my skin! I would not say it has done so as bad as the Dream Matte Mousse did, however I strongly suggest you lovelies do not use this product every day.
I am still using this product as I do not like to waste money, however, I have only been applying it to my cheeks where my skin is a little oiler.
 
Overall I am not very happy with this product, it is not 100% coverage or matte, nor does it do any favours to your skin. If you are looking for a perfect foundation I erge you to try No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation (£12.95 at Boots). This provides a lovely matte finish and gives great coverage. I have used this product for over a year and it has never given me dry skin or blemishes, so definitely worth a purchase, moreover the Whipped Crème foundation.
Hope this has been useful lovelies. I don't like to be negative about products but I do think it is important to be honest. Don't forget to hit follow if you're enjoying my blog.
Ciao
  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment