Tuesday 31 December 2013

Benefit: The Pore fessional

All Benefit products have to be blogged about, their advertising team do such a good job of making us feel lost without the entirety of a benefit counter inside our make up bags that I just had to give this a whirl. 

For reference, I personally have combination skin, my tee zone is oily and the area around my eyes is really dry. One thing I don't have is really big pores and I wasn't sure if this would do much for me, so my sister has tried this one along with me. She also has combination skin but has large pores on and around her nose.

I really wanted to like this product, it came along with the mandatory Benefit hype but to be honest it just does nothing good for me. This glides on beautifully, but it doesn't do anything I want from a primer. It actually made my foundation slip off and look greasy more quickly. I have tried a few silicone based primers now and if longevity is what you are after I don't recommend them. I didn't want to give a fully negative review though when clearly so many people love this so thankfully my sister has fallen for this and is now using this on a daily basis. 
She applies this just around her nose area and does not wear any other base product when wearing it. She found that this minimised the appearance of her pores so well that her skin looked even enough without needing to wear foundation. 

Both of us have noticed this makes our skin a little more dry so perhaps only use this on the areas you have pores, but she is really happy with this product overall. It is very rare that a product has us so divided, but it just goes to show that most products will have some use to someone. It is always worth making a note of ingredients that work well or badly with your skin. I know I will not be using a silicone primer again. 

If you do want to give this a try, it retails at £24.50 for 22ml which I would say is very costly, but if you are looking for something to combat the appearance of your pores, it comes with my sisters high recommendations. Buy Here 

Ciao
  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment