Wednesday 19 February 2014

ecotools; Eye Enhancing Duo Set Review

I love a good makeup brush, good application is so often the key to good make up so I thought I would share with you my most recently purchased brushes.
Ecotools brushes are all super soft and made from eco-concious materials only. The company states that 'Living Beautifully is Our Mantra. Helping women look beautiful and live beautifully is what EcoTools is all about. Here at EcoTools, we have supported many organizations globally whose missions are to make the world a healthier (and more beautiful) place to live.' It's always nice to have a clear conscience when buying beauty products, but its important that they work too, so on with the review...

Price: £6.99 buy here this is an amazing price as you are effectively getting 4 brushes. There is usually a promotion on ecotools products in Boots as well so definitely worth looking out for that to grab a bargain!

Good: As you can see in the pictures the pack set contains one brush with a blend end and a smudge end and one brush with a define end and a shade end. I love how you can create any style eye make up using just this set, it is perfect for traveling or make up on the go.
The blending brush in particular is really nice, the soft but dense bristles allow for build-able product to be applied. The define (angled) brush can be used for filling in brows or applying shadow as eye liner. The smudge brush is amazing, I have been wanting one of these brushes for ages, they are great at smudging out harsh eyeliner for smoky eyed looks. Again it is really soft and dense which is really important when you are using them so close to your eyes. I am a massive fan of ecotools shade brushes, I always use them to dab on shadow in the center of the lid, they are the perfect size and shape.
The packaging is reusable as a protector for the brushes perfect for traveling; just cut off the top bit of plastic and you're good to go.

Bad: There is nothing bad to say about the brushes themselves, however one thing I would say is that most of us ladies like to stand our brushes up in pots for ease of access. Other duel ended brushes I own have protectors however these do not. To be honest I have been using my realTechniques travel cases to store these brushes just to make sure they last. I love that ecotools used natural materials to make their cases but it would be nice if they did a sturdy travel case.

Hope you found this useful ladies, I think this is a great starter set for girls that have not yet started their brush collection, and it is a great travel set for those of us that need to pack light. let me know what you think of this set...

Ciao
  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment