Wednesday 7 May 2014

Prom / Evening Makeup Look

Hello lovelies,
So please excuse my massive face, I always feel really silly doing look posts but you seam to like them and I do like putting on lots of make up so I thought I would do a kind of prom style/ evening make up look for you. I have linked up the products for you if you want to shop this post.
PRIMER:  I used Smashbox Photo Finish foundation primer all over my face and bareMinerals Prime Time eyelid primer on my lids and under my eyes. This lid primer is amazing at getting rid of pores and stopping creasing!
FACE:  I used YSL Le Teint Touche Éclat Foundation which I set using bareMinerals Mineral Veil. I hope you can see just how smooth the finish this veil gives you is, it is my favourite setting powder at the moment. I love looking matte and it seams to work really well with these primers and foundation.
I then applied some M.A.C Powder Blush in shade Immortal Flower to the apples of my cheeks. For my contour and bronzer I used Jouer Cosmetics Mattifyling Powder Bronzer in shade Sunswept. For highlight I just used a tiny bit of Jour Cosmetics Highlight in shade Feather on the apples of my cheeks up to the corners of my eyes.
EYES:  As you can see I have green eyes and I have always loved gold eye shadow, it makes my eyes look greener and warms up my skin. Here I decided to use the Naked 1 palette as Half Baked is probably my all time favourite gold. I used Smog as my crease colour with a bit of Darkhorse blended in to the outer V. I blended the crease upwards with Buck as a transition colour.
I lined my eyes using Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner and smudged out the wings using Creep. I then put a little of Half Baked and Smog and put it under my bottom lashes.
I used M.A.C Studio Fix Boldblack Lash mascara on my lashes; with 2 coats on my  top lashes, and YSL Eyebrow Pencil in shade 4 Ash to fill in my brows.
LIPS:  Jouer Cosmetics Lip Sheer shade St Tropez; this lipstick is actually a warm brown colour with lots of gold shimmer in. It has not pictured as well as I'd hoped but it really brings together the different shades of the eye shadows.
Let me know if you like this look ladies. I definitely plan on wearing more gold eye shadow looks over the summer months, and this one is so easy to do.
Ciao
  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment