Tuesday 17 June 2014

L'Oreal Paris Glam Bronze Monos

Today I have something I was not sure would ever happen on my blog, a fully positive review of a drug store bronzing powder. I have always been looking for a great one, but have never managed to find a drugstore matte bronzer that is the same quality as high end ones. Is it really so much to ask for something matte that I don't have to work a whole day to pay for? Well L'Oreal don't seem to think so, so here is why it is the perfect addition to your makeup collection...
Shade: This really is a perfect colour, I have 00 Blond Sun which is the lightest shade, and it is ideal for pale skin. There is no overpowering orange or red undertone. Just a perfect shade to either sculpt or create a naturally tanned look. This also comes in shade 06 Golden Bronze which I do find a little orange for my skin, but I think this would look lovely on darker more golden skin tones such as Indian, or even warmer olive skin tones that some Latin girls have.

Texture: Ok so this may not be as velvet or silk like as my favourite LancĂ´me powder (read review) but this is not far off. It makes your skin feel smooth and it allows for buildable and blend-able application. When applying as a bronzer I like to use the Ecotools Blush Brush which is nice and big so is great for creating a natural looking tan all over.

Packaging: I am always a fan of a compact mirror and this has a really large one perfect for your travel make up bag. The applicator however I am not a fan of, it looks cheep, the bristles fall out, they feel very scratchy and I highly doubt any one would use this. I think L'Oreal would  do better to put the mirror in the flip up lid and scrap the brush all together, but this is the only negative I have about the product.
Price: £7.99 You can find this in most Boots and Superdrug stores but I could only find this online at Superdrug here. This is such a great price! Re-package this into a high end brand and you wouldn't think twice about paying £20-30, it is high quality value for money.

Aside from the applicator this product is an amazing drug store addition, and the perfect product for cheating a lovely summer tan. 

Ciao
  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment