Thursday 7 August 2014

Bumble and Bumble: The Surf Set

Hello lovelies,

As mentioned in my previous post I was recently tempted in to purchasing the Surf Travel Set by Bumble and Bumble. The set costs £18 and contains a 50ml bottle of surf spray, a 60ml bottle of surf foam wash shampoo and a 60ml bottle of surf creme rinse conditioner.

Surf Foam Wash Shampoo full size bottles cost £18.50 for 250ml buy here. This smells really lovely, it has a beachy kind of smell but it is far from overpowering. I thought it would foam a little more but it did lather well and not too much product is needed. I have very long hair and used about a cap full. My hair looked and felt really clean and my second day hair felt much cleaner than it would normally, the dry shampoo was redundant. This is a very expensive shampoo but it would be a great for travelling when beachy waves are top of the agenda. 

The Surf Creme Rinse Conditioner costs £20.50 for the full size 250ml bottle buy here. Im not too sure why the conditioner is £2 more expensive. To be honest I'm least happy with this product. The website claims "This lightweight conditioning rinse imparts airy softness and texture" but my hair did not feel soft at all after using this. When the product is in your hair it does feel soft but once washed out I felt as though I hadn't used conditioner at all. Perhaps if you had really naturally greasy hair this would be a good conditioner, but at £20.50 this will not be a re purchase.

The full size Surf Spray is 125ml and costs a whopping £21.50 buy here. Said to give 'Sexy, salty, sun-dried, windswept styles' I can confirm this is the case. I love this stuff. If like me you love the whole I woke up like this hair, but normally spend up to an hour achieving it, this is like a little bottle of awesome. This can be used on damp or dry hair so perfect for making second day curls look tousled and beachy. This is an expensive product but out of all the Bumble bits I've tried this by far the best.
One thing I would note is that this is drying on the hair. Of course salt drys out everything so I really would suggest using a nourishing conditioner and not using this product daily. 

Let me know what you think of these products, and am I the only one who thinks hair products should never be over £15. Would it not be nicer to just go to a salon? I don't know just my thoughts on the ever expensive world of beauty. 

Ciao
  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment