Monday 15 September 2014

Rimmel Salon Pro Nail Polish

Hello beauties,

It has been a while since my last review so I'll get straight to it and start off with the good bits of this product. 

Price: £4.49 A perfectly reasonable price and there is a great range of shades. To my knowledge there are 20shades in the standard Salon Pro range and a further 18 shades in the Salon Pro By Kate range. The shade I chose is 397 Beige Babe a lovely creamy brown that looks lovely with a tan with a nice glossy finish.

Applicator: The brush is actually really great it is thick and flat, but not too thick that you paint the entirety of your little finger. It is actually the perfect size of my little finger nail

Formula: This is where the problems seem to occur, it takes about 3 coats to reach it's true colour and prevent streaks. I don't know about you ladies but I'm a two coat kinda gal, watching paint dry is not my favourite pass time.
The worst thing about this polish though has to be how much it chips! I had chipping within the hour. Top coats do help, but you have to ask yourself, should you really have to rely on a topcoat for your polish to last the day?

I am definitely going to keep using the polish but even with their extensive shade range and nice looking finish I would not recommend these varnishes.  

This is only my second nail polish review, I recently reviewed the Revlon Parfumerie polishes (read here) and I just wanted to know would you rather I just post reviews of polishes I am not 100% happy with and just include ones I am happy with in favorite posts, or would you like a mixture of positive and negative reviews? Please let me know in the comments.

Ciao
  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment