Tuesday 30 September 2014

Yves Saint Laurent Fusion Ink Foundation

Hello Beauties,
I know you are probably used to seeing the trusted Touche Éclat foundation round these parts, but Yves Saint Laurent have stepped up their game and created this little beauty. So let me tell you why Fusion Ink, or Le Teint Encre De Peau for all you mademoiselles, should be on your wishlists...
Starting with the packaging, before opening the bottle I was a little disappointed that there was no pump, but don't fear ladies, YSL has added their signature shaped wand to the inside of the lid. The wand makes layering this foundation so much easier. No more pouring out too much product; which is super helpful with this foundation because a little really does go a long way. 
The Foundation itself I really couldn't flaw. With my combination skin I often find other foundations drying out my skin or making my skin look oily. This seams to sidetrack all the things you don't like creating beautifully flawless looking skin that stays put all day. It has a velvet like touch and look to it, but it does not feel heavy on the skin at all. 

I have found this foundation to be best without adding powder, I do still wear bronzer and blush but somehow they have made the liquid foundation feel like a powdered matte foundation but still keeping a natural glow.

At £30.50 it is hardly the cheapest product on the market but if good natural looking skin is what you are after then I haven't tried better than this. 
The reason this foundation is so perfect for all skin types is that the formula contains a combination of sensorial and volatile oils. The texture of the foundation changes from a regular liquid foundation to a velvet type texture once blended on to the skin. They say the oils evaporate once blended, and while I can't understand the science behind it, I can confirm both the dry and oily areas of my skin looked like normal healthy skin throughout the day. 

The only downfall I can see is that she shade range is much smaller than other YSL foundations. There are still 16  shades but there are very few available for darker skin tones. Hopefully they will come out with more shades but for now, most of the lighter shades do correspond with those of the Touche Éclat.

This may not be buildable to full coverage but it is a good medium and it looks so natural, provided you get the perfect match I'm sure a few people will be fooled into thinking you were born flawless.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment