Wednesday 15 October 2014

Lush: Popcorn Lip Scrub

Hello lovelies,

While I'd love to follow the crowd and swoon over all Lush Cosmetics products, having not owned a bath for 4 years and being a firm lover of showers has meant that the shop tends to get sidetracked whilst on my spending sprees. That said I have a couple of Lush product reviews coming your way so lets start things off with their impulsive till point purchase; the Lip Scrubs.

The Scrubs come in 3 different flavours; Popcorn, Mint Julips and Bubblegum and retail for £5.50 buy here. There is also a christmas edition Santa's Lip Scrub if you are feeling a little more festive.
The Good Bits: Well most importantly, it actually works. My lips always feel perfectly exfoliated, smooth and healthy looking after using the scrub. This product is great if you too like wearing mate lipsticks. I always use a balm on my lips after using this to make the benefits last longer. My choice of balm is The Body Shop Vitamin E lip care; this nourishes your lips even in the coldest of weathers. Together they make the perfect dream team against chapped lips.

The Bad Bits: This tastes horrific, I haven't been sat here eating it I can assure you but of course rubbing this on your lips you do get a little taste and ergh! I have started using this before brushing my teeth that way I counteract the taste with some mint. This does smell amazing but keep your lips firm shut when scrubbing.
The other thing I think could easily be improved, is that it seams to have a little too much sugar and not much scrub. There is very little oil or balm holding the sugar together so it tends to go everywhere. 

While I am am very happy with the results the product gives, there are a few tweaks that could be improved before I would make another purchase.

Let me know what you think of this product, and if you are using a better lip scrub please share your finds! 

Ciao
  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment