Friday 10 July 2015

What's In My Makeup Bag

I'm sure it comes as no surprise that I love shopping, and because of that I tend to mix up my makeup bag a lot, but over the past couple of months I think I have managed to pick a really good mix of things that I can add and take away from depending on how heavy my bag is that day. 
Antiperspirant is my number one essential, not that I'm particularly stinky, just it instantly makes you feel fresh, and if you take public transport you will know how handy this is! My favourite is the Dove Go Fresh in Pomegranate, it smells really lovely but isn't overpowering and mixes well with all my perfumes. Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb is the scent I am reaching for at the moment, its flowery and feminine but isn't too sweet, its kind of got a bit of a musk to it which I love. 
Skincare is forgotten if my bag is weighing me down to be honest, but if I am staying over somewhere, or think I will want to remove and reapply then these are the bits I am enjoying. The Malin + Goetz Grapefruit Cleanser and Vitamin E Moisturiser are just samples I got in a magazine but I will definitely be purchasing the moisturiser, it tingles a little and makes my skin feel nice and smooth. The Lancome Advanced Genifique is always in my bag, I just re-fill this little bottle up, it really firms my skin, and if your skins feeling really dry serum is great to just dab on over make up without ruining your foundation. I also like to carry some kind of sample of BB cream in the summer, if you are getting your legs out then this just makes things look a little more perfect. The Estee lauder BB is nice but I have to say a little dark considering I have shade 01 light. 
Make up wise my Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face Brush has replaced any need for powder. This just re blends my makeup and keeps any shine at bay. The Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet I only carry if I am going out after work. If you are after a foundation that you can apply on top of your day makeup this is the best I have found; it doesn't cake up and it just looks like fresh natural skin.

Mascara I also only cary if I am going out, I just take whatever mini I have, but I have to say this Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Colour is a really good one because it ads so much volume at the roots of your lashes. I'm currently using the brown version of this during the day, so its nice to have the mini black one to vamp it up in the evening. Lipstick wise I carry something moisturising and long wearing. This Clinique Colour Pop in shade Melon Pop is so perfect for summer, I just love a good coral.

I'd love to know your handbag staples for the summer, let me know in the comments and link up your posts if you have done one like this.

Ciao
  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment