Monday 11 January 2016

Best of 2015

Happy new year! I hope you have all had a great start to 2016, time to kick things off with a look back at all the things I discovered and loved in 2015. This was really tough to narrow down as I tried a whole bunch of stuff last year so here is a little look at the products that really stood out to me, and I warn you it's a long one, so grab a cup of tea or just have a little scroll through the pictures; no judging here. 
Skincare wise I tried so many new products towards the end of the year I did not want to include too many new loves but the Vichy Aqualia Thermal Rich Hydration Cream has really stood out to me as the perfect non-greasy moisturiser for sensitive, combination skin, it just makes my skin feel good every morning. Serum wise it is nothing new, I have loved the Lancome Advanced Genifique (review) for a long time, it keeps my skin nice and firm which no other skincare product I have come across has managed.

My hero product for my hair the past year is the L'Oreal Professionnel Beach Waves Salt Spray, I really dislike my hair when fully straight and a spritz of this gives some lovely waves and texture without your hair feeling weighted with product; it also smells amazing. My favourite application duo is a Beauty Blender dampened with the Smashbox Primer Water. I have never had such flawless foundation that stays put for so long and does not look at all cakey; this really is the dream team for applying your base. 
Speaking of base products, this year I have fallen in love with Chanel their Perfection Lumiere Velvet blends and re-blends beautifully throughout the day and doesn't need any powder to keep away the shine. It has a lovely natural skin finish to it and it is perfect for the warmer months. I have also fallen for the Les Beiges Sheer Powder in shade 30, if you are a fellow Snow White and dream of having sun kissed skin then here is the product you have been looking for.

My favourite concealer has not changed since my 2014 favourites, I am still loving the Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer (review) it is the only true full coverage product I can rely on to stay put all day and keep me feeling confident even when full of blemishes. 
The Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder (review) has remained my favourite contour powder throughout 2015. I have tried cheaper alternatives, but I don't think I will ever find a more perfect cool toned contour powder for my skin tone. My favourite blush has to be the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in shade Mood Exposure. If you are ever short of time this a lovely subtle blush and contour shade in one.

As my skin has become dryer as I get older I have moved away from the Kick Ass Powder by Soap and Glory and on to their One Heck Of A Blot powder. This still keeps things nice and matte but just stops my skin looking thirsty. I have also been loving the Soap and Glory Archery brow pencil in Hot Chocolate; the shade is a perfect match and the spoolie is much better than some high end ones I have used. 

Probably my most exciting find has been the Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara (review), the wand gives perfectly fanned out, long, curled lashes with a tone of volume. The Chanel Rouge Coco Hydrating Lip Colour in shade Adrienne has been my most worn lip stick it is a beautiful my lips but better shade.
2015 was the year of the lipliner and the Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liners, not only have a great selection of shades, but the formula is perfect, they are not at all drying; so comfortable to wear with or without lipstick. in shade meteor. 

For my eyes I have loved the Diorshow Fusion Mono in shade meteor. You cannot beat the colour and glitter pay off and it does not budge all evening, similar the the By Terry Ombre Backstars I have been loving. These are the brush free, fuss free option, and I have particularly loved the shade Bronze Moon as an everyday wash of colour. 

Lastly my favourite post of 2015 was the What's In My Bag: Wedding Guest Edit, I am really happy with the images in that post and it reminds me of my sisters beautiful wedding which was such a lovely day. 

I would love to know what your favourites from last year were, and if you have done this post link it bellow, I love reading these and discovering new things to try. 

I hope you all have an amazing 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment