Wednesday 9 March 2016

Balm Favourites

Lip balm may not be the most exciting of make up products but when you have super dry lips its one of the nicest to apply. For some reason I have dry lips all year round so I personally don't mind spending a little extra on my lip balms so that they actually stay on my lips and look as nice as a lipstick or gloss. I've tried countless lip balms by Nivea and Carmex and gone through a thousand Vaseline tins but they last a few minutes feel too slippy and only relieve the dryness for a while. These three balms on the other hand make my lips feel great for the rest of the day. So if you fancy a matte lip in the evening then these are great day time options. 
The balm I have been using the longest is the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Intensive Lip Repair Balm. It has a sticky texture but it makes it last for a good couple of hours on your lips. Im not massively keen on pots but this is the most effective of the balms for keeping your lips nourished and it makes your lips look lovely and glossy. The Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Sheer Tints have also been a firm favourite of mine for the past year or so. I use shade Honey so it looks like a lipstick but keeps my lips soft. It has SPF15 and retails for £20 like the repair balm. The By Terry Baume De Rose Nutri-Couleur is the most expensive of the three at £35.50 and to be honest it is not as long lasting but the texture of this is so buttery and the smell of rose is beautiful. I have shade Toffee Cream but if you prefer a clear balm you can purchase the larger Baume De Rose for £39 which also has SPF15. It would be nice to find a cheaper alternative to these three, so suggestions please, but for now these have my lips feeling smooth and ready for matte lipstick at all times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment